This Eid al-Adha, Careem Bahrain is bringing the spirit of generosity to all of its Customers.
In collaboration with RIA Bahrain Institute, we’ve created a special promo code that will use your donations to fund classroom equipment, materials and educational toys for children with special needs.
Our focus has always been on what we can do for the people we serve. Like most of you, we believe that every child should have access to education. This is especially important for children with learning disabilities.
WHO estimates that disabilities affect about 10 percent of the world’s population. Applying this proportion to Bahrain would result in a population of approximately 165,000 people with special needs.
That’s why we’ve made it easy for you to help some of the people who are the most in need.
Simply add the promo code RIA to all your Careem rides from the 6th August 2019 to the 20th August 2019. With the promo, 100 fils from each ride are donated to RIA Institute Bahrain.
The institute caters to students with special needs, offering year-round educational programmes. They promote community-wide awareness for people with physical and/or intellectual disabilities.
RIA depends on community volunteering and donations. Here are a few items on their wish list:
Classroom equipment, materials and educational toys:
- 20 wooden puzzles from BD2.5 upwards
- Stickle bricks
- Natural wood, building blocks.
- Wood Sort & Stack PT22 (53 pieces) 79.95 USD
- A3 paper.
- Various arts and crafts resources (glitter, multi-coloured chart paper, gold & silver calligraphy pens/art paper).
- Printer ink cartridges.
- Resources for vocational training for older students.
- Garden maintenance /cleaning (volunteers are welcome)
- Support for making a short film about RIA and its students.
Use promo code RIA and make every ride count.
To learn more about RIA: https://www.ria-institute.com/index.php
To follow up on our campaign: https://www.instagram.com/careembah/