In line with our Building Connections initiative, we have joined forces for the second year running with UAE Food Bank and Dubai Municipality for free deliveries of food donations to UAE residents during the holy month of Ramadan.
You can choose to donate a meal to those in need, every day, between 11am and 5pm through the Food Bank car type.
It doesn’t matter if you choose to cook or order an extra portion, what matters is that you’ve helped put food and water on someone else’s table.
To share your meal with those in need, simply follow the steps below:
- Select ‘Food Bank’ from the car type menu. The car type is only available in Dubai, except Motor City, Silicon Oasis, Khawaneej, Mamzar, Mirdif, Arabian Ranches, Qusais and Nahda
- Enter your pick up location and type “Food Bank” as your drop off. Choose one of the Food Bank fridges that appears in the drop-down list
- Click ‘Yalla’ and a bike delivery Captain will collect your food donation
Donations need to be packed to fit a maximum space of 35x35x35 cm. Should you require a larger space to transport the food, you can always book another ride.
In order to ensure food safety, please follow these guidelines:
- Ensure food safety and quality
- Ensure that the food for pick up is kept in a clean and sealed box
- Ensure that food is prepared on the day and stored at the appropriate temperature.
- Preferred food to be donated: canned food, long term juices, milk, fruits and vegetables, and dry food (such as bakery products and dry cakes)
- Avoid donating ready to eat salads and chopped fruits
- Avoid food that has been displayed, presented or subjected to unsuitable conditions
Spread the word across friends and family to drive more smiles this Ramadan.