What is it?
- This is a new feature that Careem has just Soft Launched to most of its customer base in Egypt as a first of its kind service in the region.
- You can easily share and send Careem credits to your family and friends from your app wallet balance.
- It’s handy in case your family member or friend runs out of cash and needs a ride home.
- It’s currently free of charge
How to send Careem credit?
First you need to update to the latest version of the app and then follow the simple steps below:
- Go to Wallet
- Tap on ‘Send credit’
- Add the amount
- Enter the recipient’s phone number or choose from your contact list
- Click send, and you’re done!
How to top up your Careem wallet balance?
There are three ways to top up your wallet balance:
- Through your linked debit/credit card, just press Top Up Credit
- Visit any Fawry outlet and request Careem Wallet top up
- You can even ask your Captain to add the extra change in your next ride (up to 100 EGP100 over the trip fare)
Terms & Conditions:
- Daily transaction limit is EGP150
- Transaction is irreversible, once confirmed
- You can only send credits to Careem users with same currency
- Careem credits cannot be redeemed for cash
For more read this: Why Careem credit is big news