Careem credit is a new feature Careem is pilot testing to most of our customer base in Egypt, and it’s the first service of its kind in the region.
Careem credit enables users to easily share and send Careem credits to your family and friends from your app wallet balance. It’s currently free of charge and is a handy way to send Careem credit to friends and family in the event of them running out of cash and needing a ride home.
How to send Careem credit?
First you need to update to the latest version of the app and then follow the simple steps below:
- Go to Wallet.
- Tap on ‘Send credit’.
- Add the amount.
- Enter the recipient’s phone number or choose from your contact list.
- Click send, and you’re done.
How to top up your Careem wallet balance?
There are three ways to top up your wallet balance:
- Through your linked debit/credit card, just press Top Up Credit.
- Visit any Fawry outlet and request Careem Wallet top up.
- You can even ask your Captain to add the extra change in your next ride (up to EGP100 over the trip fare).
Terms & Conditions:
- Daily transaction limit is EGP150.
- Transaction is irreversible, once confirmed.
- You can only send credits to Careem users with same currency.
- Careem credits cannot be redeemed for cash.
For more read this: Why Careem credit is big news