Our Captains and colleagues are in this with you and we’re in it with them.
Careem serves millions and employs over a million Captains. We are all in this together.
We are your neighbours, friends and family. We’ve been working hard since the very beginning. And we continue to stand with our Captains.
We’ve put measures in place to protect Captains and you too can help lower their risk of exposure by sitting in the back during rides, using the notes feature to “leave food at the door” and avoid cash by using your Careem wallet.
To support our Captains in these difficult times, we’ve launched a wide variety of initiatives to help:
- Paid sick leave and hospital bill reimbursements for affected Captains
- Free sanitisers and masks
- Discounted car cleaning and inspections from our partners
- Removed financial penalties and blocks from the Captain app
- Increased bonuses
- Put a freeze on our Captain loyalty programme (e.g. Gold Captains keep their Gold benefits)
We are also working with our government partners to subsidise or delay any debt payments that Captains are facing. This is simply the right thing to do.
But we need your help. In light of recent events, tipping your Captain has changed from a gesture of gratitude to one that can make a big difference in the life of your Captain.
We’ve added a new feature that allows you to tip Captains for past rides. Here’s how it works:
- Open your Careem app
- Tap on the menu
- Tap on Your Rides and here you’ll see the rides you’ve taken in the past.
- Select a ride that you may not have tipped.
- Tap on “Tip this Captain” shown in green.
- Select an amount that is generous for your budget and make a difference in the life of a Captain!
Let’s do everything we can to help our Captains and get through this, together.
Also read: Careem is here for you