Careem Bus is an on demand bus service that helps you move around the city in an affordable, convenient and comfortable experience.
Service is currently available in Cairo, Alex & Mansoura.
Our Routes now include the following:
<iframe src=”https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSerssYKtbkRPlinGzQo-Hdo5gsKmHf-qD_vHCeJCCTbCBUPzA/viewform?embedded=true” width=”640″ height=”733″ frameborder=”0″ marginheight=”0″ marginwidth=”0″>Loading…</iframe>
— FAQs —
1) What is Careem Bus?
Careem Bus is an on-demand bus service that offers you convenient, affordable and comfortable rides to move from point to point.
2) Is it a 24/7 service?
We operate on weekdays (Sunday to Thursday). Every line has its own working hours which you can check on the application.
3) How do I use Careem Bus and make a booking?
To use Careem Bus, all you need is a smart phone with internet connectivity. Android and iPhone users can download the app from the Google Play Store or the App Store respectively. All you need to do is the following:
- Check all available lines on the application and choose a line
- Click on the line you want and choose your pick up and drop off points
- All available buses on the line will appear and you click on the most suitable one
- Click “Yalla” to make a booking
- Your boarding pass will appear and you will be abl track the bus and ETA
- Once the bus arrives, board the bus with your boarding pass and pay in cash
4) We are an organisation looking for transportation services. Can Careem Bus help us?
We would love to! Drop your requirement details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Together, let’s make daily commuting more fun and reliable for you and your colleagues.
5) How should I pay for my ride?
We accept cash for all ride payments. Please make sure you have the exact amount in order to help the Captain with change! Online payments are coming soon, so stay tuned.
6) How can I cancel a ride I booked?
You can cancel the ride directly from the top right our app, click on ‘Cancel Ride’. Please make sure that you cancel before your bus arrives at your stop.
7) When do I arrive at my bus stop?
The ETA of the Careem Bus is shown on the Bus app. Please make sure that you are at the stop a couple of minutes in advance to make sure you don’t miss the bus.
8) Will the bus wait for me if I am late?
Please be ready to meet your driver as soon as you make a request. Your bus will wait for a minute at the designated stop.
9) Can I buy a set of rides in advance?
No, currently you can only book one spot on the bus.
10) How do I register for the Careem Bus app?
Our big brother is the most popular ride-hailing service in Egypt and you can login using your Careem credentials. Super easy! Or if you don’t have a Careem account you can sign up on the “Careem Bus” application and create a new account.
11) How do I find my pickup point?
You can navigate to your pickup point through the Careem Bus app itself. After you make a booking, you can click on ‘directions’ from the upper right on the application and it will show you the directions.
12) Can I bring other people?
If you want to ride with a friend, make sure they request their own seat on Careem Bus from their app. They can also walk in if seats are available and purchase a ticket from the Captain.
13) Can I change my destination or pickup point?
Nope. Pickup and drop-off points are fixed depending on the route and cannot be changed.
14) Does Surge Pricing apply to Careem Bus?
At the moment, we don’t have surge prices.
15) What is the walk-in option?
If your phone ran out of charge or you don’t have access to internet, you can still use Careem Bus. All you need to do is wait in the pick up location and when the bus arrives, board the bus if there is an available seat and the captain will help you make a booking
Excited? So are we. We can’t wait to see you onboard.