What is it?
- Careem Bus is the new, affordable way to get around town.
- You can now track where your ride is and get a guaranteed seat with the convenience of Careem that you love.
- It’s easy to experience this high-quality service. Simply select your location, pick a bus, and click to verify your ride.
Where can I go?
Our lines now include:
- Line L1:
- From 6th of October to Mohandesin
- Stopping by: Cityscape, Al Mehwar Al Markazi, Al Hosary Mosque, Dolphin Mall, West Somid, Dar El Fouad Hospital, Mall of Arabia, Juhayna Square, Nile University, Mobil Gas Station – 26th of July Corridor, Galleria 40, Sheikh Zayed Statue, 26th of July Corridor – Ceramica Cleopatra, Hyper One Market, Lebanon Square, Gamaet Al Dowal Street, Mostafa Mahmoud Square, Shooting Club, National Research Center, El Tahrir Cinema, El Tahrir Square
- Line L2:
- From Mohandesin to 6th of October
- Stopping by: El Tahrir Square, El Tahrir Cinema, National Research Center, Shooting Club, Mostafa Mahmoud Square, Gamaet Al Dowal Street, Lebanon Square, Hyper One Market, 26th of July Corridor – Ceramica Cleopatra, Sheikh Zayed Statue, Galleria 40, Mobil Gas Station – 26th of July Corridor, Nile University, Juhayna Square, Mall of Arabia, Dar El Fouad Hospital, West Somid, Dolphin Mall, Al Hosary Mosque, Al Mehwar Al Markazi, Cityscape
- Line L3:
- From 5th Settlement to Maadi
- Stopping by: AUC Gate 5, FUE, Concord plaza, Intersection 90th Street with Naguib Access, Tolip Plaza, Siemens, Dusit Thani, Mountain View Square, Talaat Harb Axis, Fatma El Sharbatly Mosque, Total Gas Station near Fatma El Sharbatly, Mostafa Baghdady Square, Masjid Al Hamd, CO-OP Gas Station, New Cairo’s Government Office, Katameya Heights, Total Gas Station – El Nasr Road, Total Gas Station – El Nasr Street, Maadi Smart Village, El Nadi Street, Victoria Square, Port Saeed Square, Al Horia Square, Total Gas Station – Helwan Road, Platform Maadi, HSBC Corniche El Maadi
- Line L4:
- From Maadi to 5th Settlement
- Stopping by: HSBC Corniche El Maadi, Platform Maadi, Total Gas Station – Helwan Road, Al Horia Square, Port Saeed Square, Victoria Square, El Nadi Street, Maadi Smart Village, Total Gas Station – El Nasr Street, Total Gas Station – El Nasr Road, Katameya Heights, New Cairo’s Government Office, CO-OP Gas Station, Masjid Al Hamd, Mostafa Baghdady Square, Total Gas Station near Fatma El Sharbatly, Fatma El Sharbatly Mosque, Talaat Harb Axis, After Mountain View, Dusit Thani, Siemens, Tolip Plaza, Intersection 90th Street with Naguib Access, Concord plaza, FUE, AUC Gate 5
- Line L5:
- From Maadi to 5th Settlement
- Stopping by: AUC Gate 5, FUE, Concord Plaza, Intersection 90 Street with Naguib Access, Tolip Plaza, Siemens, Dusit Thani, Before Mountain View Square, Air Force Specialized Hospital, Nestle Egypt (Banks Center), Downtown, Cairo Festival City, Total Gas Station – El Nasr Road, Total Gas Station – El Nasr Street, Maadi Smart Village, El Nadi Street, Victoria Square, Port Saeed Square, Al Horia Square, Total Gas Station – Helwan Road, Platform Maadi, HSBC Corniche El Maadi
- Line L6:
- From Maadi to 5th Settlement
- Stopping by: HSBC Corniche El Maadi, Platform Maadi, Total Gas Station – Helwan Road, Al Horia Square, Port Saeed Square, Victoria Square, El Nadi Street, Maadi Smart Village, Total Gas Station – El Nasr Street, Total Gas Station – El Nasr Road, Cairo Festival City, Downtown, Nestle Egypt (Banks Center), Air Force Specialized Hospital, Before Mountain View Square, Dusit Thani, Siemens, Tolip Plaza, Intersection 90 Street with Naguib Access, Concord Plaza, FUE, AUC Gate 5
How much will it cost?
- It’s affordable at a flat fare of LE 25 for all rides.
Where can you download our Bus app?
- You can find our Bus app on the App Store and the Google Play Store
How to book a ride?
- To ensure availability, make sure to book 5-10 minutes before you need a ride.
- Select your destination.
- Select your Bus.
- Verify your ride.
How does it work?
- Book a spot in the nearest available bus, based on your pickup and dropoff points
- Track your ride and walk up to the pick-up point.
- When boarding, show the Captain your boarding pass and pay by cash.
- Take your seat and enjoy the ride.
- Playstore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.careem.bus.customer
- Appstore: https://itunes.apple.com/app/Careem-Bus/id1440591385
— FAQs —
1) What is Careem Bus?
Careem Bus is an on-demand, point-to-point, bus shuttle service. Providing you a better way to commute within Egypt, Careem Bus gives you:
- High Quality
2) Is it a 24/7 service?
We operate on weekdays (Sunday to Thursday) from 6:30 to 9:30 in the morning, and from 15:30 to 18:30 in the afternoon.
3) How do I use Careem Bus?
To use Careem Bus, all you need is a smart phone with internet connectivity. Android and iPhone users can download the app from the Google Play Store or App Store respectively. You can also board any Careem Bus at the respective pickup points and if there is an available seat, you’re ready to go.
4) We are an organisation looking for transportation services. Can Careem Bus help us?
We would love to! Drop your requirement details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Together, let’s make daily commuting more fun and reliable for you and your colleagues.
5) How should I pay for my ride?
We accept cash for all ride payments. Please make sure you have the exact amount in order to help the Captain with change! Online payments are coming soon, so stay tuned.
6) How can I cancel a ride I booked?
You can cancel the ride directly in our app. Please make sure that you cancel before your bus arrives at your stop to avoid any no-show charges! Note that cancellations are subjected to certain conditions. If you do plan on cancelling before a trip, there’s a 50% cancellation charge of your trip fare. For a no-show, there’s a 100% cancellation charge.
7) When do I arrive at my bus stop?
The ETA of the Careem Bus is shown on the Bus app. Please make sure that you are at the stop a couple of minutes in advance to make sure you don’t miss the bus.
8) Will the bus wait for me if I am late?
Please be ready to meet your driver as soon as you make a request. Your bus will wait for a minute at the designated stop.
9) Can I buy a set of rides in advance?
Not currently. However, our team is working on building this feature for you and we hope to roll this out for everyone soon!
10) When does the booking for Careem Bus start?
You can book your Careem Bus from 6:30 to 9:30 in the morning, and from 15:30 to 18:30 in the afternoon, Sunday through Thursday.
11) How do I register for the Careem Bus app?
Our big brother is the most popular ride-hailing service in Egypt and you can login using your Careem credentials. Super easy! 😉
12) How do I book a ride on Careem Bus?
You can search for your pickup and drop-off points in the Careem Bus app. You will be shown a list of available rides between your points, sorted by time and if Careem Bus is available on your route. Select the bus you want to ride on and yalla let’s go!
13) How do I find my pickup point?
You can navigate to your pickup point in the Careem Bus app itself. After your booking, you will be shown the directions to your pickup point.
14) Can I bring other people?
If you want to ride with a friend, make sure they request their own seat on Careem Bus from their app. They can also walk in if seats are available and purchase a ticket from the Captain.
15) Can I change my destination or pickup point?
Nope. Pickup and drop-off points are fixed depending on the route and cannot be changed.
16) Does Surge Pricing apply to Careem Bus?
At the moment, we don’t have surge prices.
17) Why should I choose Careem Bus?
- Safe: With in-ride insurance, thorough background checks for Captains, and constant checks on our buses, safety is our highest priority at Careem Bus.
- Affordable: Save up to 80% when compared with CareemGo prices. You also pay a flat fare without worrying about Surge Pricing.
- Reliable: Careem Bus is all about providing you with the best customer experience that you expect from Careem at a much more affordable price.
Excited? So are we. We can’t wait to see you onboard.