2022 just wrapped up, and we can’t help but feel extremely proud of all that we’ve accomplished this year. From celebrating our 10th birthday to reaching 1 billion rides, 2022 was filled with incredible milestones, and we can’t wait to see what 2023 has in store for us.
As everyone reflects on their accomplishments over the past year, we’ve decided to also look at some interesting trends we’ve noticed at Careem in 2022:
- Captains delivered over 11 million meals in 2022 – that’s over 30k a day!
- The most ordered food item was Chicken McNuggets (no judgements here, we understand)
- The most popular restaurants on the app were Al Baik in KSA and McDonald’s in the UAE and Jordan
- Healthy food orders went up by almost 50% compared to 2021 (yay!)
- The most frequently forgotten items in Careem cars were cell phones, laptops, AirPods and wallets. (Honorable mention: one customer forgot a bridal dress in a car in Pakistan)
- Over 500 thousand burgers were delivered to Careem Express clients (that’s almost 1.5k burgers a day)
- Careem Plus users saved around 105 AED per month, with total savings exceeding AED 50 million (this is your incentive to sign up to Careem Plus in 2023 😌)
- Men ordered more soft drinks through Quik, while women ordered more fruits and veggies
- A single customer ordered 216 bottles of Vimto through Quik, which had to be delivered by 18 Captains. Talk about a sweet tooth
- The fastest Quik delivery was 2 minutes and 5 seconds
- Captains completed over 126 million rides and covered 1.6 billion km via Careem and Hala taxi (that’s almost the distance from the Earth to Jupiter and back!)
- The most active customer took 2,480 rides in Qatar, with 17 trips in one day
- Last but not least (and our personal favorite): over AED 2.8 million was donated by Careem’s customers, Captains, partners, and colleagues to humanitarian causes 💚
We’re so proud of our colleagues and Captains for all that they’ve achieved in 2022 at Careem. Here’s to another year of incredible milestones, great impact, and a few forgotten bridal dresses here and there. 🎉