BEFORE THE RIDE
- All customers must create profiles with Careem before being able to request a ride.
- Customer ratings are available to give you peace of mind.
- We geofence dangerous areas, which ensures that you are not picking up or dropping off a customer in these areas.
DURING THE RIDE
- Got an issue? Need help? We have dedicated, multilingual Captain support lines which are accessible during your ride
- All safety-related issues are managed within our dedicated Safety & Security Operations Centre (SSOC) which is available 24/7.
- We are rolling out an in-app alert button as an additional security feature. In emergency situations like automobile collisions or medical issues, pressing the button will take you straight to our SSOC team.
- Our Captains (including bikes) are covered by our life/injury insurance when in-ride [visit our FAQ page for more information on our in-ride insurance. This coverage is not available in all markets].
- Our in-house navigation platform provides you with step-by-step directions as to how to get to your destination, allowing you to focus less on directions and more on getting there safely.
AFTER THE RIDE & OTHER MEASURES
- Our team of dedicated professionals, from the Safety & Security team to our SSOC specialists, is here to make sure our Customers and Captains have as safe and pleasant experience as possible.
- Helping to keep our communities safe, we actively support law enforcement agencies with basic trip information when formally requested.