BEFORE YOUR RIDE
- All our Captains go through a rigorous screening process to verify their identity & driver’s license as well as checking for any criminal records.
- We send you your Captain’s details including photo, name, rating, vehicle type and plate number before they arrive.
- Captains attend a mandatory training session which includes instructions and guidance ranging from smooth driving, avoiding issues to keep customers safe and following standard safety and security protocols in the unlikely event of an incident.
- Our Captains’ vehicles are assessed and the insurance confirmed prior to on-boarding.
- Customers have the option to mask their telephone numbers from Captains to ensure their privacy. They can communicate anonymously with the Captain to direct them to the location of pick up (Call masking may not be available in all markets).
DURING YOUR RIDE
- Our telematics technology (driver behavior) under development will closely monitor our Captains’ driving skills in real-time to make sure your ride is as safe and smooth as possible. It also allows Careem to proactively coach it’s Captains to improve their driving skills as well as identifying Captains whose skills are not up to our standards, for removal
- Got an issue during the ride and need help? When in-ride, you can contact our 24/7 multilingual Safety & Security Operations Centre (SSOC) specialists if you experience any issues. Simply tap ‘Contact us’ in the app.
- Each trip is tracked in real time. Share your ride with friends and family to let them know you are on the way, and they can track your ride on the web.
- We geo-fence and avoid dangerous neighborhoods.
- Child seats are available in Careem Kids cars to keep your little
Careemerssafe (only available in specific markets).
- Customers and Captains are covered by our life/injury insurance when in-ride [visit our FAQ page for more information on our in-ride insurance: this coverage is not available in all markets].
AFTER YOUR RIDE & OTHER MEASURES
- Your rating of our Captains are super important and help to identify those Captains we can focus on (for reward or removal from our platform).
- Our extensive ‘mystery shopper’ program checks vehicles, driving skills, customer service and documentation to make sure everything is as it should be.
- Our team of dedicated professionals, from the Safety & Security team to our SSOC specialists are here to make sure our customers and Captains have a safe and pleasant experience as possible.
- Helping to keep our communities safe, we actively support law enforcement agencies with basic trip information when formally requested.