Whether you’d like to pay back a friend for lunch, settle your bill with your carpenter or pay a vendor, the new feature on Careem takes the hassle out of these money transfers. Using just a contact’s phone number, select Gold customers can now securely send money to anyone with a UAE bank account – no transfer charges!
How to Send Money:
- Tap the Careem Pay icon at the bottom of your app home screen.
- Tap “Send Money”.
- Choose your contact or enter their phone number.
- Specify your amount.
- Add a personalised message with an awesome GIF or selfie.
- Select the saved debit or credit card to use.
How to Receive Money:
- You will be notified by SMS and a notification in your Careem app
- Tap on the notification
- Tap on Receive Money and select a Bank Account or Careem Wallet
- Confirm, and you’re done!
To add a bank account, all they need to do is select their bank on Careem and enter their details (account number, IBAN) in a few quick steps.
Things to know:
- All transfers follow the same high security measures as any payment made on Careem.
- Bank transfers will take approximately 2 working days.
- When you send money, a temporary hold will be placed on your card. If the receiver doesn’t accept the transfer within 7 days, we’ll release the amount back to your card.
- Transfers can be sent from UAE-issued cards only and received in UAE bank accounts or as Careem Credits.Valid only from UAE issued cards to UAE bank accounts.
- Careem Credit cannot be used to send bank transfers.
Once the amount is accepted as Careem Credit, it can’t be transferred to a bank account.